Back to CCIA home page
- Assure democratic freedoms such as freedom to communicate,
protection of privacy, civic participation, including access to
information about our government and public institutions.
- Help our public institutions develop affordable access points
to ensure full public access.
- Pursue institutions for sponsorship of civic networks and
community computer centers. These access points must be convenient to
all local residents, including persons with disabilities and persons
with non-traditional schedules.
- Support efforts that seek to create collaborative mechanisms
within Community Based Organizations that will afford cooperative
- Facilitate local organizing efforts and encourage full
participation of new and existing community groups and other
expressions of popular interest, need and support.
- Develop and encourage legislative initiatives that advance our
aims and provide material support for these goals.
Chicago Coalition for Information Access /
Maintained by Robin Burke /
Last modified: Fri Nov 11 17:13:22 1994