Web links (Arts & other Fun stuff)
For participants in the Midwest Conference on Technology, Employment and
The Internet Arts Museum
Internet Arts Museum for FREE (IAMfree) - Music (full albums), digital art, photography, lit, films/video. All art is created expressly for IAMfree and for you to download and keep-for FREE.
In response to the imminent threat to the survival of the
National Endowment for the Arts (NEA), the American Arts Alliance
advocacy homepage provides advocacy information and tools for arts
supporters to communicate the need for continued federal support of
the arts to their senators and representatives.
- Chicago's ownArt(^n) Laboratory.
- ANIMA: HomePage - Arts Network for Integrated Media Applications
- Art on the Net - a site run by artists dedicated to putting artists on the Web.
- Arts Wire - allows the on-line artists network to be accessible online
- Broken Art - Broken is small art group, that specializes in computer art, and poetry.
- Dialect - an artist's collective interested in how to use new electronic and communications technologies to reach new audiences. Our goal is create works of art based on compelling ideas and content, rather than merely an infatuation with the technology.
- LEXIA - forum for the arts, artists, and those concerned with the humanities in general
OTIS is a place for image-makers and image-lovers to exchange ideas,
collaborate. OTIS is collection of images and information accessible
mainly via INTERNET that is open for public perusal and
participation. The quickest analogy drawn is that OTIS is like
an "art gallery". Not only because it's a place to see
art, but also because of it's social reverbs.
- Art Crimes - a graffiti art gallery, features wall art from the U.S. and the Czech Republic. These elaborate, spray painted pieces are fresh off the street and shockingly good. See guerrilla art worth being arrested for
- Asian Art - an experimental station which will feature fine exhibitions in private galleries, new or rare color publications, and new discoveries in Asian Art
- Cirque de la Mama - Cirque was born to bring works of art to people and to bring people to works of art - to reach for people and to have people reach back.
- "Life With Father" by Joseph Squier. Might be slow.
- The Survival Research Laboratories,
which stages allegorical demonstrations of mechanized warfare
on city streets.
- Happy Birthday to Bob Marley More than just another Reggae page, it tries to convey the deeper meaning behind Bob Marley"s music and spirit. It was created in cooperation with some of Bob"s surviving relations and includes a number of never before seen personal photograps and sound files from the music created by Bob Marley.
- Radio stations with web pages.
- Rap Lyrics archive
- Internet Underground Music Archive
- "Penthouse Suite".
Links to Hip-hop sites and others.
- Jamie White's favorite rap sites.
- Windham Hill Records - includes artists" biographies, discographies, tour dates, and an open forum for musical discussion.
- The Topography of Planet Shmooze.A site for alternative music fans
[Back to first "links" page]
(small circulation publications)
- The Writings of Karl Marx
- A Huge Archive of
CPSR - Chicago Chapter / Maintained by Robin Burke <email@example.com>
Last modified: Wed Mar 1 13:39:50 1995