Telecommuncation Issues Web links
For participants in the Midwest Conference on Technology, Employment and
Networking and Telecommunications
Ada Project on women and computing.
Voters Telecommunication Watch
A public-service on-line group that monitors legislation relating to
telecommunication and information infrastructure. Also contains information on
Cyptography, Clipper, and other network issues.
Electronic Frontier Foundation
A non-profit civil liberties public interest organization working to protect
freedom of expression, privacy, and access to online resources and
Taxpayer Assets Project
TAP was founded by Ralph Nader to monitor the management of government
property, including information systems and data, government funded R&D,
spectrum allocation and other government assets.
Computer Professionals for Social Reponsibility
CPSR is a non-profit, public interest organization concerned
with the effects of computers on society.
Institute for Global
Communications The IGC Networks -- PeaceNet, EcoNet, ConflictNet,
and LaborNet -- serve individuals and organizations working toward
peace, environmental protection, human rights, social and economic
justice, sustainable and equitable development, health, and nonviolent
Democracy Information NetworkEDIN works to provide community
groups throughout California and in the nation greater access to the
burgeoning world of information by both providing more information and
easier access to electronic communication.
Communications for a
Sustainable Future CSF was founded on the idea that computer
networking should be used to enhance communications with the objective
of working through disparate views and ideologies to secure a more
The Institute of Public Policy Studies at the University
of Michigan has assembled a Web page on telecommunications.
The American Communication Association has set up a good Web
guide to on-line resources for communication research.
Lists of Sites on this Topic
[Back to first "links" page]
- A list
of progressive web sites maintained by IGC.
- "Sites for Social Responsibility (some overlap with above)"
- Other Telecommunications Sites
- The Mother of all Lists of Telecommuncation Sites
- Risks Digest, a compendium of computer errors, problems, break-ins, and break-downs with explanations and analysis.
- The proceedings of the 1994 Digital Libraries conference. Also, information on the 1995 conference.
- The web pages for the Ninth Annual Symposium on Geographic
Information Systems for Natural Resources, Environment and Land
Information Management, 27-30 March 1995.
- Information on the use of on-line data for surveillance.
- an extensive set of telecom net resources from LLNL, and more random stuff.
- David Chaum's Scientific American article on digital cash
CPSR - Chicago Chapter / Maintained by Robin Burke <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Last modified: Thu Feb 23 16:31:26 1995