Visit the CPSR global
site for information
on working groups,
We are a public interest alliance of information technology professionals and others concerned about the impact of information technology on society.
We work to influence decisions regarding the development and use of information technology because those decisions have far-reaching consequences and reflect our basic values and principles.
As technical experts, CPSR members provide the public and policymakers with realistic assessments of the power, promise, and limitations of information technology.
As concerned citizens, we direct public attention to critical choices concerning the applications of information technology and how those choices affect society.
Every project we undertake is based on five principles:
- We foster and support public discussion of, and public responsibility for decisions involving the use of information technology in systems critical to society.
- We work to dispel popular myths about the infallibility of information technology.
- We challenge the assumption that technology alone can solve political and social problems.
- We critically examine social and technical issues within the information technology profession, both nationally and globally.
- We encourage the use of information technology to improve the quality of life.
CPSR is a democratically organized membership organization. Our accomplishments result from the active involvement of our members, supported by the CPSR staff and information technology professionals across the country.
CPSR welcomes everyone who uses, or is concerned about the role of, information technology in society.
If you are interested in joining CPSR, please fill out and submit the CPSR Membership Form.
Chicago Chapter Projects
- Any others>